IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES
IT WAS THE WORST OF TIMES
U.S. PROGRESSIVE BLOGGERS PROVED RIGHT
But Bloggers Overseas Are Getting Locked Up
I guess we should focus on this, now that we're actually slaying dragons. The American people have finally come to their senses, and now support the progressive agenda 100%. We hope. Meanwhile, our blogging buddies in countries such as China, Egypt, Zimbabwe and Iran are being dragged off to the Bastille, or Gitmo, or the Lubyanka, or whatever they call it in their countries. For blogging. It would seem somebody out there thinks blogging matters.
If you'd like to help these hero bloggers, check out the links below. Well, go on, DO something!!!
Now, if we could only get the TV NewsNets to fire all those tired old corporate talking heads, and give some bloggers a chance to investigate, analyze, inform, interview and cajole, maybe people who can still get out of their chairs might start watching TV again. Maybe?
Some of us would love a high five-figure salary. That alone would save the NewsNets a whole figure, which they could then invest in actual journalism. And by journalism, I mean muck-raking on issues, not gossiping. Just don't expect us to kiss your corporate asses. You'll be the first ones we investigate. Make my checks out to CASH.
And if you have any cash, send it to some of the best bloggers around, American Street. Or maybe:
The Open Rights Group
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
ACLU Blog of Rights
Become a Blogger for Human Rights
THE BLOGOSPHERE RESPONDS WITH MESSAGES OF SUPPORT & SOLIDARITY WHEN COPS BUST IN THE DOOR:
"HE DID IT!!!"
(points at next nearest blogger)
They would never arrest bloggers in this country. Then they'd have to feed them.
1. "FINALLY! You noticed! Somebody noticed!!!"
2. "Wow. This is better than winning a Bloggie."
3. "Doooood! You know what you just did for my street cred???!!!"
4. "Don't get cocky, flatfoot. Atrios'll have me out of here in a matter of hours."
5. [3 days later] "Damn. Maybe I shoulda emailed Aravosis."
6. "I can bring my laptop to prison, right? Oh, man blogging from PRISON!!! WOO-HOO!!!"
7. "I'm assuming you have broadband? You're kidding, right? SH*T!!! I HATE YOU GOD!!!"
8. "I hope KOS spells my nick right. I shouldn't have used all those special characters."
9. "Gitmo? No prob. Love Cuban food. Me gusta los sandwiches cubanos."
10. "I believe maggots are a violation of the Geneva Convention. Guard? GUARD!"
11. "I was just trolling. Honest to God. Can I please go home, now? I'll give you Echidne's phone number..."
[crossposted at americablog]
" Blogger arrests increasing"
TO POST A COMMENT: CLICK ON "COMMENTS," "Post a Comment" or "# of COMMENTS" just below the SOCIAL BOOKMARKING LINKS (Digg, Delicious, etc), about three inches down from here. Please do comment. Thank you.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM YOUR BLOGGERS:
Suggestion Box & Tip Jar We would like to make over this blog to make it easier to access, to read and to comment on. We would also like to serve our readers better by providing more of what you need and want to see. All serious suggestions will be considered. We hope to move to our own domain in the near future, and we would like to ask for your financial assistance in doing that, and in upgrading our hardware & software. Small one-time donations and larger long-term subscriptions are welcome. Exclusive advertising is also available. If you think we are wasting our time in doing all this, please let us know. If you wish to help us, now is the time. As always, negative bullsh*t from right-wing trolls will be sh*tcanned. Thank you to everyone else. Please send feedback & PayPal contributions to cosanostradamusATexciteDOTcom. Thanks.
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS: BRING THEM ALL HOME ALIVE, NOW!