Bookmark and Share Subscribe

Sunday, December 19, 2004

SOME THINGS I ACTUALLY LIKE


YEAH, I KNOW. I'M KINDA NEGATIVE


So What?


Most things suck. That's why we only treasure, and cherish certain FEW things, right? If everything else didn't pretty much suck, why would we make a big deal about anything else? Anything at all?


OK, I win that one. Take off your bra. (Girls only.) Strip debating. I like that.


And hot sauce. I fucking LOVE hot sauce. And PEPPER! Hungarian,
Italian, Moroccan, Lebanese, Indian, Szechuan, Hunan, Korean, Thai, Mexican, Louisiana. McIlheny's Tabasco brand sauces, of Avery Island, La, has a whole line of hot pepper sauces out, now: Regular chili, muy bueno; Habanero, VERY hot; Shoyu, salty; Chipotle, smoky; green Jalapena, for fish & poultry; and my personal favorite, Garlic. Oh, man is this stuff good! Try it on yer corn flakes, in the morning. It'll sho 'nuff wake yo ass UP!

It's hard to find a decent fresh tomato or tomatillo Mexican salsa, these days. They say it's more popular than ketchup, en los Estados Unidos, now. But it's beginning to taste a lot LIKE catsup. Which started out as Indonesian hot sauce, I think. But look where it ended up.


Don't get me wrong. A pint of Theresa Heinz Kerry's red stuff on a pile of salty, peppery crinkle-cut fries is my idea of paradisio. (Not THAT red stuff, ya CREEP! That's for JOHN!) But it ain't exotic. Thai hot sauce, like Sriracha, now THAT'S exotic! And freakin' HOT, too! But, s - l - o - w hot.


The mark of a great hot sauce is the slow approach of it. You get all these complex nasal tastes, then BAM, kick it up a motherfuckin' NOTCH, baby! F'EYE-YAH!!! You get to TASTE the stuff you're eating, then you get that HUGE jolt of vitamin-C enhanced, immune- system- stimulating HEAT! Woooo! Gotta love it!


Once, in my drinkin' days, before I burned out my stomach and blew out all my sphincters with a steady diet of straight, hard whiskey, mass quantities of top-shelf beer, and pure hot peppers, I got loaded with some friends 'down the Jersey shore, and hit the Boardwalk for some real Philly cheesesteaks. I don't remember doing it, but my friends still tell me that I up-ended a big bottle of Tabasco sauce on my cheesesteak, like it was marinara sauce on a meatball sub, and then doused it with black pepper and salt, and woofed all of it down in about two seconds.

Then I belched, sucked down a whole pitcher of beer, and ordered another 12" cheesesteak. With Tabasco. And another pitcher. That was in my Cary Grant-ish phase. I'm more of a slob, now. I vaguely remember the vinegar in the hot sauce. My asshole bled for a month. But that Tabasco, it was GOOOOOOOD!


So, see, shithead? I like SOME stuff. Go get me a freakin' cheesesteak, willya? From, PHILLY! Yo, PHILLY!!! A - D - R - I - A - N ! ! !







TO POST A COMMENT: CLICK ON "COMMENTS," "Post a Comment" or "# of COMMENTS" just below the SOCIAL BOOKMARKING LINKS (Digg, Delicious, etc), about three inches down from here. Please do comment. Thank you.



IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM YOUR BLOGGERS:
Suggestion Box & Tip Jar We would like to make over this blog to make it easier to access, to read and to comment on. We would also like to serve our readers better by providing more of what you need and want to see. All serious suggestions will be considered. We hope to move to our own domain in the near future, and we would like to ask for your financial assistance in doing that, and in upgrading our hardware & software. Small one-time donations and larger long-term subscriptions are welcome. Exclusive advertising is also available. If you think we are wasting our time in doing all this, please let us know. If you wish to help us, now is the time. As always, negative bullsh*t from right-wing trolls will be sh*tcanned. Thank you to everyone else. Please send feedback & PayPal contributions to cosanostradamusATexciteDOTcom. Thanks.
Digg!
Add to Google




SUPPORT OUR TROOPS: BRING THEM ALL HOME ALIVE, NOW!



HOME
NEWEST POST


 

2 Comments:

Blogger cul said...

I gotz da same huge hots for da hots...and yer not really negative, just positively critical in a kitten skin cap sorta way. Without your kinda love, I am nothing. A toast to ya, ya big lunk...Nurse! Another round for my bud here...and don't be stingy with the pharmaceutical specialties neither!

11:57 PM, December 24, 2004  
Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

HIC!

haec, hoc

Skoll!

Try Sriracha Thai/Vietnamese hot sauce some time. GREAT on stir-fry, or anything else that moves. It's the one with the cock on the front.

2:14 AM, December 25, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home


POST COMMENTS above, or send them to cosanostradamus AT excite DOT com.

View blog top tags

LOCAL LINKS

HONOLULU, HAWAII: MEDIA: NEWSPAPERS & MAGAZINES

| HONOLULU ADVERTISER | HONOLULU STAR-BULLETIN | HONOLULU WEEKLY | PACIFIC BUSINESS NEWS | HAWAII MAGAZINE | HONOLULU MAGAZINE | MIDWEEK | PENNYSAVER | SPOTLITE HAWAII |


HONOLULU, HAWAII: MEDIA: TELEVISION STATIONS

| ABC KITV4 (oc6) | CBS KGMB9 (oc7) | FOX KHON2 (oc3) | MYNETWORKTV KFVE5 (oc5) | NBC KHNL13 (oc8) | PBS KHET11 (oc10) |


HONOLULU, HAWAII: RADIO STATIONS

| NPR KHPR 88.1 FM | NPR KIPO 89.3 FM | UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII KTUH 90.3 FM | LOCAL KSSK 92.3 FM/ 590 AM | HAWAIIAN MUSIC KINE 105.1 FM | "JAWAIIAN" KCCN 100 FM | SPORTS KKEA 1420 AM | TALK KHNR 690 AM | TALK KHVH 830 AM | TALK KUMU 1500 AM |


HONOLULU, HAWAII: GOVERNMENT & MILITARY

| CITY & COUNTY OF HONOLULU | STATE OF HAWAII | HAWAII MILITARY | HAWAII VISITORS & CONVENTIONS |


HONOLULU, HAWAII: INFO & SERVICES

| CAREER-BUILDER JOBS | HONOLULU CRAIGSLIST JOBS & HOUSING | HONOLULU WEATHER | UH SPORTS | HONOLULU MAPS | HONOLULU TRAFFIC | OAHU WEBCAMS | DA BUS | HAWAII.COM-tourists |


HONOLULU, HAWAII: HOTELS, SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, NIGHTLIFE, CULTURE

| WAIKIKI HOTELS | OAHU RESTAURANTS | OAHU SHOPPING | OAHU NIGHTCLUBS | MELE.COM-Hawaiian Music | HAWAIIAN MUSIC STORE | DANCING CAT RECORDS | HAWAIIAN BOOKS | HAWAII ART | HAWAIIAN FLOWER LEIS |


HONOLULU, HAWAII: MUSEUMS & HISTORICAL SITES

| HAWAII HISTORY | U.S.S. ARIZONA MEMORIAL | BATTLESHIP MISSOURI MEMORIAL | HAWAII CULTURE | HONOLULU ACADEMY OF ARTS | THE CONTEMPORARY MUSEUM | BISHOP MUSEUM |




GINNY'S ARTWORK

LOOK! Shiny NEW Links:

HELP! I'M TRAPPED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!! PLEASE CALL HTML OR MY MOM!!!