THE INDICTMENT OF THE PRESIDENTS
OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
GEORGE W. BUSH
And Barack H. Obama, If He Continues To Follow The Same Course As Bush
1. Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. [not by "Divine Right" or "Executive Fiat"]
2. Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it. [and the "Strong Unitary Executive"]
3. When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. [by action in law and by elections]
4. A history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world. [see below]
5. He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good. ["Executive Privilege"]
6. He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers. [no Rule of Law; above the Law]
7. He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power. ["National Security"]
8. For protecting [the Military] by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants. [Military Courts]
9. For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury. [Military tribunals]
10. For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences. [extraordinary rendition]
11. For abolishing the free System of American Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies. [Guantanamo]
12. For abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments. [Patriot Acts]
13. He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation. [Blackwater]
If any of this seems unlawful, radical, "left-wing," unAmerican, strange or foreign, you need to read the United States Declaration of Independence, issued 4 July 1776. It's a keeper. Let no President forget it.
"IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776, The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America"
The original writ.
' When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. '
"Some cases where Obama's policies are like Bush's"
Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme f**king chose.
' WHITE HOUSE RECORDS The Obama administration sided with Bush in trying to kill a lawsuit that seeks to recover what could be millions of missing White House e-mails from the Bush years, reasoning that plenty had already been spent and done to recover the messages. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Government, the private group that sued, called it "an incredibly cynical and narrow view" of the government's legal obligations. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs countered that the administration still was pursuing "a greater amount of transparency than Washington has seen." ENEMY COMBATANTS The administration filed a legal brief that echoed Bush in maintaining that detainees in Afghanistan have no constitutional rights and arguing that enemy combatants held at Bagram Airfield cannot use U.S. courts to challenge their detention. The brief said that if the Bagram detainees got access to U.S. courts, it would allow all foreigners captured by the United States in conflicts worldwide to do the same. Human rights lawyer Tina Monshipour Foster said she had "expected better" from the Obama administration. A Justice Department spokesman said the ruling spoke for itself. STATE SECRETS Even as Obama officials promised a thorough review of its use of state secrets protections, government lawyers continued to invoke the state secrets law in a federal appeals court in San Francisco. That case involves a suit over the CIA's extraordinary rendition program, in which U.S. operatives seized foreign suspects and handed them over to other countries for questioning. Some former prisoners subjected to the process contend they were tortured. Proving that in court has been difficult, as evidence they have sought to corroborate their claims has been protected by the president's state secrets privilege. '
"Headlines: Obama Continues Bush Policy on Afghanistan Detainees; US Working with Pakistan's Military"
If Obama assumes responsibility for Bush's crimes, and continues them, they should both go to jail.
' Obama Backs Bush Policy on Bagram Detainees: The Obama administration has embraced another key argument of former President Bush"s counterterrorism policy. In a court filing on Friday, the Justice Department told a federal judge that prisoners held at the U.S. Air Force base at Bagram in Afghanistan have no legal rights to challenge their imprisonment. Human rights groups say they are becoming increasingly concerned that the use of extra-judicial methods in Afghanistan could be extended under the new U.S. administration. Bagram air base is about to undergo a $60 million expansion to provide enough space to house five times as many prisoners as remain at Guantanamo. Attorney General Eric Holder To Visit Guantanamo: Attorney General Eric Holder is heading to Guantanamo today for the first time since he took office. Holder told reporters he wants to talk to officials there about detention and interrogation techniques. This comes as the Pentagon is claiming in a new report that the prison complies with the Geneva Conventions, a position disputed by many human rights groups. '
"Obama Continues Bush Policy of Deadly Air Strikes in Pakistan"
War Number Three, coming up!
' In Pakistan, outrage continues to mount over a US military attack approved by President Obama. Last Friday, unmanned US Predator drones fired missiles at houses in Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas, or FATA, killing as many as twenty-two people, including at least three children. '
"Obama Will Not 'Rule Out' Private Security Contractors in Iraq"
Plausible deniability, unaccountable "off-the-shelf" private security firms, beyond the rule of law.
' A senior foreign policy adviser to leading Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has told The Nation that if elected Obama will not "rule out" using private security companies like Blackwater Worldwide in Iraq. The adviser also said that Obama does not plan to sign on to legislation that seeks to ban the use of these forces in US war zones by January 2009, when a new President will be sworn in. Obama's campaign says that instead he will focus on bringing accountability to these forces while increasing funding for the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security, the agency that employs Blackwater and other private security contractors. (Hillary Clinton's staff did not respond to repeated requests for an interview or a statement on this issue.) '
"Unitary executive theory"
Here's the justification for a new monarchy in America.
' The unitary executive theory is a theory of American constitutional law holding that the President controls the entire executive branch. The doctrine stems from Article Two of the United States Constitution, which vests "the executive power" of the United States in the president. Although that general principle is widely accepted, there is disagreement about the strength and scope of the doctrine. It can be said that some favor a "strongly unitary" executive, while others favor a "weakly unitary" executive. The former group argue, for example, that Congress's power to interfere with intra-executive decisionmaking (such as firing executive branch officials) is limited, and that the president can control policymaking by all executive agencies within the limits set for those agencies by Congress. Still others agree that the Constitution requires a unitary executive, but believe this is a bad thing, and propose its abolition by constitutional amendment. The federal executive branch is currently very different from many state governments, where the attorney general and other executive officers may be elected separately from the state's governor. '.
Labels: absolute power corrupts absolutely, betrayal, bush, continuity, crimes, Declaration of Independence, human rights abuses, indict, Obama, plus ca change, principles, secrecy, strong unitary executive
TO POST A COMMENT: CLICK ON "COMMENTS," "Post a Comment" or "# of COMMENTS" just below the SOCIAL BOOKMARKING LINKS (Digg, Delicious, etc), about three inches down from here. Please do comment. Thank you.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM YOUR BLOGGERS:
Suggestion Box & Tip Jar We would like to make over this blog to make it easier to access, to read and to comment on. We would also like to serve our readers better by providing more of what you need and want to see. All serious suggestions will be considered. We hope to move to our own domain in the near future, and we would like to ask for your financial assistance in doing that, and in upgrading our hardware & software. Small one-time donations and larger long-term subscriptions are welcome. Exclusive advertising is also available. If you think we are wasting our time in doing all this, please let us know. If you wish to help us, now is the time. As always, negative bullsh*t from right-wing trolls will be sh*tcanned. Thank you to everyone else. Please send feedback & PayPal contributions to cosanostradamusATexciteDOTcom. Thanks.
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS: BRING THEM ALL HOME ALIVE, NOW!